Welcome to my inner child. This is a blog dedicated to never growing up and always remembering my inner 5 year old. I do not have any children yet, but that will hopefully change sometime down the road. Until then I'll have fun anyway. Back over the Memorial Day weekend, I found a train set at Ikea, similar to Thomas the Tank, that looked like a load of fun to play with. Needless to say I bought it, all three packages. The first package:
Once we had the basic package, I needed to add the bridge package:
This package gave me an additional bridge and supports for elevated track. It also includes a tunnel piece. The final package provides splitter pieces:
After having some fun with my mother-in-law and the three basic packages, I went back to Ikea and bought a few more. On subsequent trips to Naperville, I have slowly added to the set. It has grown quite extensive, and I will add more as time goes on. The basic set and the bridge with supports have become the most important as they give me the most pieces and the ability to go up and over sections of track. In the coming days, I will be posting more photos of various layouts that I have created. Feel free to comment on the designs or leave suggestions for other possibilities. Maybe you might discover your inner child as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment