So if crossing the tracks in the middle didn't work, then I would have to create reversing routes along the outside part of the cloverleaf. The first route was pretty easy. The second route took a lot more planning.
When I do create these layouts, they tend to dominate the living room and inevitably disaster is bound to strike. This particular disaster (the wife tornado) only caused minor damage.
Oh well, easily repaired. And on the the next layout and something not seen in previous layouts...
...SCENERY. Yes, that's right layouts now have scenery. First we have:
The White House - LEGO Architecture edition. I have always loved LEGO's and so being able to add LEGO structures to the layout makes everything even more enjoyable. The White House is not the only LEGO Architecture piece to join the party. I also added the Willis (Sears) Tower
Since it is in Chicago, it had to go next to the elevated section of this layout. This layout is based on placing two sets of splits at right angles to each other and then running the tracks over and around each other to bring them back.
| A good view of the splits that started this design |
So that's it for now but there is more coming soon. Look for a post about how to nicely place all these pieces into a box for easy storage.
Conductor Crim
No comments:
Post a Comment